Click Here for ADA Accessible Format

Polk County Sheriff’s Phone# 863-298-6200

If in an emergency Dial 911

Polk County Sheriff Facebook Polk County Sheriff Twitter Polk County Sheriff Instagram Polk County Sheriff Youtube

Hit enter to search or ESC to close

Jan 18, 2023

Substitute school crossing guards needed across the county

Media Contact: Carrie Horstman, Administrator

The Polk County Sheriff's Office is seeking qualified men and women in Polk County who desire to work as substitute school crossing guards this year. 

Substitute school crossing guards are needed in the following areas: Fort Meade, Haines City, Highland City, Lakeland, Lake Wales, and the Four Corners area. 

Anyone interested in applying in east Polk (Haines City, Lake Wales, Four Corners) should contact Supervisor Courtney Branch at (863) 534-7300 ext. 109.

Anyone interested in applying in west Polk (Fort Meade, Highland City, Lakeland) should contact Supervisor Heather Strafford at (863) 534-7300 ext. 108.

Applicants should be available to work for one hour in the morning and for 30 minutes in the afternoon when scheduled to work a crossing.

School Crossing Guard services are provided by the Polk County Sheriff's Office through funds provided by the Polk County Board of County Commissioners. This vital program provides adult crossing guards at selected hazardous school crossings to ensure the safety of our elementary school children walking to and from school.